THREE REASONS ERRORS ARE DEADLY TO MANKIND, Culled From Dipo Toby Alakija Illustrative Sermon Book Titled: “The Two Routes To Eternal Destination.
An ambulance was taking a very sick man who was in a coma to the hospital where he would be revived. There was a traffic-jam on the way, forcing many vehicles to pass through another route which seemed to be the way out. Unknown to the people passing the route, it leads to another place. The ambulance driver followed the vehicles that were going through the route without knowing that it was a wrong way. By the time they discovered that they were heading to a different location, they have gone far away from the right way. They have to make a U-turn. By the time they got back to the right way, the traffic-jam was already cleared but the sick man could not make it to the hospital alive because of the error of the ambulance driver.
Comparing this incident with the journey of eternal destination, the followings need to be noted about eternal life and death:
1. Not many people are actually on their way to heaven, going by what Jesus Christ said in Matthew 7:13-14. He said, “Enter by the narrow gate for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”
2. There are so many things, including people who are misleading others. This is invariably causing fatal errors on people’s way to the kingdom of God. Jesus again said in Matthew 15:14, “… if the blind man leads the blind man, both will fall into a ditch.”
3. Anyone who is ignorant of the word of God can be misled, causing him or her to perish, according to Hosea 4:6.
The three reasons errors are deadly to mankind are as follow:
1. It is deadly error for people to feel or think that their lives are designed to be enjoyed instead of using them to please God. Most prosperity preachers will not preach the hard truth that the world is a battlefield where all souls are contending with enemies that are far more powerful than them. Anyone who seeks vanity instead of eternity. If they do not put on the whole amour of God as in Ephesians 6:10-20, they can be overcome by even the smallest of the enemies. Verses 12 and 13 say, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Therefore take up the whole armour of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
2. It is deadly error if anyone thinks religions or philosophies of man or other things are alternative ways to heaven, aside from Jesus Christ Who said in John 14:6, “… I am the (only) way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by Me.”
3. It is deadly error to accept doctrines or words of fellow human beings which contradict any of the words of God after the warning in Revelation 22:18-19, which says, “For I testify to every man who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book, and if any man takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the book of life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
I use to refer the above passage to a lot of people who are in the class of Christian heretics and apostates. One of them told me that the book which was compiled by the late founder of his denomination was superior to the Gospel in the Bible. I told him that the book of Revelation sealed the whole Bible and then asked him if he was willing to risk his eternal life by following the dogmas of his denominations instead of the Bible – the real word of God.
I pray that as many as have read this message would not make the mistake that would cost them their eternal lives in Jesus’ name.
AMEN INDEED THANKS